Accommodation and Community Support Worker-Bank Staff
REPORTS TO: Project Manager / Service Manager
SALARY: £10.38 per hour
DEPARTMENT: Homelessness Services
LOCATION: Projects throughout Northern Ireland
HOURS OF WORK: Shift work as and when required
JOB PURPOSE: As part of a team provide effective 24-hour support to the service users accessing our services, i.e., hostels, family and remote support units.
1. Ability to demonstrate the core values of the Simon Community to include the following:
• Understand the importance of dignity and respect for others
• Willingness to learn, develop and self-reflect
• Ability to contribute within a team environment
• Commitment to supporting clients in a non-judgmental manner
• Professional integrity
• Willingness to support, protect and empower people
2. IT Skills – ability to use email, internet and databases to electronically record support work (within SCNI we use a client recording system called OSKA but previous use of this is not essential).
3. NISCC Registered (or willing to become registered if appointed) and willing to be subject to Access NI checks. (Successful applicants must commence NISCC registration process prior to employment).
1. Six months’ recent experience (either paid or voluntary) of directly supporting people with complex and multiple needs within a residential or community setting gained within the last three years. Complex needs include the following areas:
• Homelessness Prevention
• Substance Misuse
• Mental Health
• Young People
2. Experience of identifying support needs, including client specific risks and putting plans in place to support those needs.
3. Maths and English GCSE at Grade C OR an equivalent qualification.
4. Valid driving license and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role.
5. A Degree in Social Work or currently studying for a Degree in Social Work.