Accommodation & Community Support Worker
Reports To: Project Manager/ Service Manager
Salary: Points 19-21, £20, 275 – £21,708 per annum. Starting on point 19 – £11.14 per hour
Department: Homelessness Services
Location: 414 Falls Road, Belfast
Hours of Work: Rotational shift pattern (average 35 hours per week) including the requirement to work evenings, weekends and waking nights. Typically, the shift pattern is based on three 12.5 hour shifts (including breaks) per week.
Organisation Values: Our values are fundamental to how we work with clients and each other. We are driven by our values of being non-judgmental, existing to support our clients and meet their needs, being trustworthy and focused on ending homelessness and being dedicated to the people we support.
Job Purpose: As part of a team provide effective 24-hour support to the clients accessing our services, i.e., hostels, family and remote support units.
- Ability to demonstrate the core values of the Simon Community to include the following – Non-Judgemental, Supportive, Trustworthy and Dedicated
- IT Skills – ability to use email, internet and databases to electronically record support work.
- NISCC Registered (or willing to become registered if appointed) and willing to be subject to Access NI checks. (Successful applicants must commence NISCC registration process prior to employment).
- Six months’ recent experience (either paid or voluntary) of directly supporting people with complex and multiple needs within a residential or community setting gained within the last three years. Complex needs include the following areas:
* Homelessness Prevention
* Substance Misuse
* Mental Health
* Young People
- Experience of identifying support needs, including client specific risks and putting plans in place to support those needs
Why work for the Simon Community?
We offer an extensive benefit package, including:
- Pension Plan
- Employer funded Healthcare – Benenden Health and Health Shield (includes savings on gym memberships and retail outlets)
- Death in Service Benefit
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Compassionate Culture
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Free Access NI check
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
- Management Development Programmes
- Long Service Awards
- Blue Light Card Scheme.