Activities Co- Ordinator
Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Part-Time Permanent Vacancy – 15 hours per week
- Make a difference to the lives of our clients
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
In this role, you are responsible for organising fun activities for residents and support them to actively take part in social activities that interest them. You will play a central role in delivering purposeful activities that stimulate residents and improve their wellbeing.
Responsibilities may include:
- Create weekly schedules of meaningful activities for each resident, personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and interests that make them who they are
- Create and maintain a schedule of group activities tailored to residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes
- Build professional relationships with the local community, inviting them into the home to take part or run events and help service users maintain their hobbies
- Help to enable our service users to stay in touch with friends and family by visits, phone, facetime, zoom, letters and email
- Support our residents to make trips outside of the home, encouraging relatives and friends to join in, as well as building links with local groups to encourage them into the home, facilitating the position of the home as part of the local community
- QCF (Level 2) Health and Social Care OR equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
Skills & experience
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a similar setting where engagement/activity development was a key feature of your role
- Ability to develop meaningful activities for older people which helps to maintain independence and integrity
- Plan and structure activities that maximises resident interest and participation
- Ability to communicate well, at all levels e.g., residents, family members, other staff
- Be of a compassionate and caring disposition with a high degree of empathy
- Always act with a high-degree integrity respect
- Proficient in the use of all elements of Microsoft Office
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- 21 days holiday leave plus public holidays
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.