Agri Supply Chain Assistant
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Agri Supply Chain Coordinator the Agri Supply Chain Assistant will be responsible for analysing oat samples, recording results and reporting results back to farmers and suppliers. The role will also involve walking crops on farm to inspect prior to harvest and overseeing the completion of farm surveys to capture management practices and compare with oat quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and co-ordinate the delivery of oats from farm to mill;
- Develop and maintain supply chain standards;
- Inspect crops prior to harvesting;
- Complete on site sampling post-harvest;
- Analyse and issue detailed reports of oat quality results back to growers;
- Monitor all crops throughout the season.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures within the remit of this role;
- Carry out any other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned by senior management;
- Be flexible in approach to working hours.
- Have an agricultural background;
- Access to a car for the purpose of work along with business insurance and a full driving licence;
- Be IT Literate;
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision and work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Show attention to detail and accuracy of record keeping.
Have a third level qualification in Agriculture;
Previous experience in a similar role
Hours of Work: 9am -5.30pm (Monday – Friday)