Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB5912
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Please note this is a re-advertisement, if you have applied for this position within the past 6 months, we will be unable to accept your application at this time
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our Charnwood site in Loughborough, Leicestershire, you will be responsible for conducting chemical testing following set procedures, maintain accurate records of work and conduct all analysis following GMP and/or internal procedures. Responsibilities will include undertaking the chemical analysis of raw materials, intermediates and products according to set procedures and methods as well as preparing reagents, mobile phase and solutions according to set procedures and pharmacopeial methods.
- Have eligibility to work in the UK OR possess a valid work permit that will allow you to take up full time, permanent employment in the UK
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry portion
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Experience working within a laboratory environment.
- Experience in analytical techniques (UV, IR, KF, HPLC, GC and dissolution analysis).
- Previous experience with analytical method transfer and validation.
- Experience in GMP raw material testing for API, Excipients & packaging
- Experience in the use of LC-MS systems
- Experience of conducting cleaning validations and verifications
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Enhanced maternity pay
Occupational sick pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th January 2021 at 17:00 hours