T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Analyst (Mass-Spectrometrist) Randox Testing Services (21N/ANMS)
Randox Testing Services (RTS), an ISO/IEC17025 accredited laboratory, provides drug and alcohol testing services to safety critical businesses across the UK, Ireland and Overseas.
The role is based in Crumlin, County Antrim to work within the RTS laboratories conducting drugs of abuse screening analysis of biological test specimens for the purpose of workplace and medicolegal drug testing programmes.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- This will involve the receipt and accessioning of all specimen submissions, specimen analysis and preparation/review of analytical reports.
- The performance of various analytical procedures including various manual screening and automated methods covering a wide range of clinical diagnostics and drugs of abuse tests.
- The preparation and handling of specimens and diagnostic reagents.
- The operation of various automated analytical systems.
- The interpretation of analytical data.
- The accurate maintenance of analytical records and the preparation of test reports.
- The routine maintenance and calibration of analytical instrumentation.
- Strict adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Strict adherence to chain of custody procedures throughout the analytical process.
- Adherence to the Company’s positive work environment policies, health and safety procedures and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Strict adherence to the company’s confidentiality policy within and outside the organisation
- Qualified to at least degree standard in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Life Sciences.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Competent in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Have an eye for detail – be able to work under pressure without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
- Analytical experience.
- Experience working within an ISO/IEC17025 regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of laboratory Health and Safety including CoSHH.
About Randox Testing Services:
Randox Testing Services are part of the Randox group, a global UK based healthcare diagnostic company. Randox currently employ over 1400 staff, including 300 research scientists and engineers, and are active in over 145 countries across the globe. With a significant commitment to research and development, investing up to 17% of turnover, Randox is passionate about improving global health through more effective and accurate diagnostics. With a dedicated research and development team focussed on the development of both improved and novel drug tests, Randox Testing Services are ideally placed to reduce risk and help make the workplace safer for all.
Randox recognises the importance of highly motivated and successful people in achieving its global objectives. We are seeking to expand and build on an already successful team, to meet both business and individual development objectives.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an equal opportunities employer.