Analytical and Dispensary Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Analytical and Dispensary Scientist – (Job Ref: 22N/ADSC)
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual with an interest in materials and analytical chemistry to join our newly formed dispensary department. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all incoming raw materials are inspected, analysed, stored, and dispensed in accordance with Randox specifications. This position will be based at our Randox Science Park in Antrim.
• Assessing and recording incoming raw materials and storing them in accordance with Randox policies/legislation.
• Analysing raw materials using standard spectroscopic techniques in accordance with departmental workflows and assessing pass/fail criteria based on a developing database.
• Formulating and dispensing required orders for materials to all departments within Randox using state of the art dispensing facilities.
• Working alongside managerial staff to help build a newly developed department with opportunities to progress quickly.
• Qualified to at least degree level in a chemistry related science. Candidates without a degree level qualification but with a similar level of experience are also encouraged to apply.
• Excellent attention to detail, with good communication and organisational skills.
• Proficient with a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office and can easily adapt to new software.
• Be able to demonstrate good laboratory practice skills.
• Experience with Health and Safety aspects of dealing with chemicals, including COSHH.
• Experience within a manufacturing environment including handling stock.
• Experience of general chemical analytical techniques such as infrared spectroscopy.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.