Analytical Group Leader
Analytical Group Leader
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6769
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Open To: Internal & External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 6000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our Charnwood site in Loughborough, Leicestershire, you will be responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership to multiple large and small analytical teams. The successful candidate will manage the progress of Analytical work and ensure that project schedules are met and that the work is carried out efficiently, compliantly and accurately, providing regular updates to QA management. To actively support Pharma Services in delivering the Company’s operational and business objectives.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component.
- Significant experience of managing and leading analytical teams within a cGMP/GLP laboratory supporting the development of pharmaceutical drug products.
- A proven ability for solving and coaching others to solve analytical development challenges.
- Significant experience in the interpretation of data from a wide range of analytical techniques.
- Experience of Stability study design and testing in support of drug product development.
- Significant experience of conducting and leading HPLC method development and validation activities in support of drug product development.
- For more information on essential and desirable criteria please see Job Description attached to the job posting.
Family friendly flexible working
Employee recognition programme
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Enhanced maternity pay
Occupational sick pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Thursday 29th July at 17:00 hours