Analytical Services Manager
Analytical Services Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6768
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Open To: Internal & External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 6000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our Charnwood site in Loughborough, Leicestershire, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Analytical department on the Charnwood site to ensure that analytical operations are carried out in accordance with Almac policies and procedures, to effectively meet the needs of the business and to ensure compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component.
- Significant management experience working in the pharmaceutical industry managing a large laboratory operation of multiple teams.
- Significant experience of analytical method development, validation, stability study design and execution.
- Experience of managing large numbers of staff and dealing with general human resource challenges.
- Thorough knowledge of EMA and US FDA regulatory analytical and microbiological requirements for the development and manufacture of pharmaceutical drug products.
- Hosting analytical aspects of cGMP audits and regulatory inspections.
For more information on both essential and desirable criteria, please see Job Description attached to the job posting
Family friendly flexible working
Employee recognition programme
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Enhanced maternity pay
Occupational sick pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Thursday 29th July at 17:00 hours