Analytical Team Leader
Analytical Team Leader
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB5974
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Open To: Internal & external candidates
Almac is an award winning drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe, across the US and in Asia.
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working within the analytical support team of our Pharma Services business unit, the post holder will provide technical leadership, management and coaching for operational analytical teams and enable the delivery of complex projects.The Analytical Team Leader will manage the progress of Analytical work to GMP requirements and ensure that project schedules are met and that the work is carried out efficiently and accurately, providing regular updates to their Head of Department.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- BSc (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component
- Significant experience of analysing and leading analytical development activities for Pharmaceutical drug products in a GMP environment
- Significant laboratory experience. Must include the following methods;
- Stability study design and testing
- HPLC method Development and Validation
- Dissolution Method Development and Validation
- Significant experience of supervising and cGMP laboratory activities and staff
- A thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical drug development process, and experience preparing regulatory CMC dossier sections
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- MSc/PhD (or equivalent) in a Chemistry or Life Science with a significant chemistry component
- Experience of using statistical data analysis techniques and designing statistically relevant experiments
- Previous experience of implementing major laboratory change projects e.g. implementing LIMS software
- Proven ability to successfully lead business improvement projects using recognised process improvement techniques (e.g. six sigma, lean etc.)
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Occupational sick pay
Enhanced maternity pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield healthcare benefit
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd January 2021 at 1700 hours