Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
FK Lowry (part of the Lagan Specialist Contracting Group) is now recruiting for an Assistant Estimator
Company: FK Lowry
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent
Responsible for ensuring the daily effectiveness and efficiency of the Estimating Department and to prepare and submit tender estimates under direction of Dept Estimators.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Provide an efficient and effective administrative support for all areas of Estimating Department.
- Maintain tender filing, tender document storage, and tender document distribution systems. Both paper and Electronic.
- Assist Estimators with tender compilation, tender presentation and tender returns.
- Seek material tender prices and maintain electronic tender cost base information tables and folders of subcontractor and material information
- Assistance with maintenance of the Approved Suppliers database.
- Follow up on tender submissions and update database
- Assist with compilation of monthly tender report.
- To maintain an open relationship with the all members of the Estimating team in the development of the Estimating department administration system.
- Maintain internal relationships with other internal departments as appropriate for the effective operation of the administrative function — Prequalification, Health and Safety, Insurance and Contracts Dept.
- Build effective relationships with appropriate external bodies appropriate for the management of Estimating Department including other Lagan Companies, suppliers and clients.
- Maintaining and developing the Estimating Department administration systems in order to support the Estimators.
- Assistance with producing the information required for tenders and reports. Developing the role by taking on tender duties currently carried out by the Estimators
What you'll bring
As an Assistant Estimator your main skills and experience will include:
- Minimum qualification of HNC Construction or equivalent
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer an attractive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
At Lagan Specialist Contracting Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
To apply for this post please submit your CV
The closing date for completed applications is Tuesday 09 March at 12 noon.
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER