Chain Reaction Cycles
T: 028 9334 5507
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Mallusk, Northern Ireland or Portsmouth
Position type: Permanent
WiggleCR are looking to recruit a Buyer to join the team in our Northern Ireland or Portsmouth office!
We are united by passion in everything we do and driven by our winning teams who value the unique strengths we each bring. This is your opportunity to join a team who are not afraid to pursue ambitious goals and will support you to achieve your personal best. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, a sports enthusiast, or an excel expert, a people manager or an analyst, we have a place for you! There’s a place for everyone in our team!
You won’t just be joining the WiggleCR family, we’re part of something bigger. We are now proud members of the Signa Sports United family!
What’s in it for you – The benefits
If working alongside some for the most creative and innovative people isn’t enough, we also offer you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- 25 days annual leave
- 5% pension contribution
- Staff discount
- Flexible working hours
- Healthcare plan
- Company Bonus Company sporting events, smart casual dress code, and brilliant company culture.
What will you be doing?
You will be selecting the most appropriate suppliers, products, negotiate industry-leading prices and terms, and working with the Buying Assistant to set up all products with the correct data in a timely manner.
- To monitor sales and margin performance, identify variances against budget, and implement resulting actions.
- Cost price negotiations
- Supplier Terms / Deals negotiations
- On-Boarding new Suppliers, Brands and Products
- Exiting poor-selling / non-profitable Suppliers, Brands and Products
- Managing supplier relationships
- New product / Brand trialing
- Communicating relevant details to the wider business (Marketing / International)
- Maintaining product ranges within the range plan parameters
- Calculate sell through plans
- Work closely with merchandising team on inventory analysis to ensure optimum fulfillment levels
- Experience in Buying or Merchandising
- Understanding of range building
- Ability to operate within budgeted frameworks
- Ability to introduce new Brands or Products that prove successful
- Experience in E-commerce business practices.
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Reporting and GFK Retail Intelligence Tools
Being diverse and inclusive are key to our company values. You can find out more about the actions we’re taking to support diversity on the Wiggle and Chain Reactions careers page on our websites.