Engineering CAD Technician
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6467
Business Unit: Almac Central Services
Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
The successful candidate will be responsible for Co-ordinating /Updating and checking Engineering drawings within the Engineering Projects team. They will be a key member of various project teams helping develop concept drawings and supporting documentation right through to as built drawings and project closure.
Key Responsibilities will include;
- Co-ordinating Engineering Project Drawings & 3D Models with engineering team and external designers
- Drafting 2 / 3D drawings for a wide scope of engineering projects
- Assisting with the supervision of commissioning activities as required
- Help to supervise and coordinate outside contractors as required
The ideal candidate will have proven CAD experience within construction or mechanical engineering and hold ONC / HNC or equivalent qualified in engineering discipline.
Further details on the role can be found in the attached job description.
- ONC / HNC or equivalent qualified in engineering discipline
- Proven CAD experience within construction or mechanical engineering
- Experience of working with external contractors / design consultants
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- HND/ Degree in engineering
- Qualification in AutoCAD
- Experience with Autodesk REVIT
- Previous experience working with Architectural and M&E drawings
- Experience and knowledge of HVAC systems
- Knowledge and understand of Codes of practise within the Construction and Engineering industry
- Experience of maintaining and updating Project files
Family friendly flexible working
Employee recognition programme
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Occupational sick pay
Enhanced maternity pay
On site physiotherapist
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: 13 May 2021