T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Care Assistant Ref: 21-155-CA-K-WEB
The Cedar foundation deliver a range of services centred around the individual needs of each person and enabling people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities.
Karuna provides residential care for up to ten individuals, who have learning disabilities and associated conditions.
The role of Care Assistant requires a team approach at all times with effective working relationships for the benefit of the residents.
To assist residents with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of residents in a broad range of activities.
To support residents with identified personal care and support needs.
Hours: 21 hours per week
(shift patterns range from 8am – 10pm)
Working patterns can be discussed and agreed. You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
Flexibility is required to ensure the needs of the service are met. Support Workers must be available to work unsociable hours and on public holidays on a rotational basis. Working patterns can be discussed.
Location: The Karuna Home 3-5 Minorca Dr, Carrickfergus BT38 8WP
Hourly Rate: £9.29ph
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Interest in working with people in a care environment
- Annual Leave starting on 28 days (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays). This increases with length of service, up to 33 days per year.
- Paid breaks
- Free Parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Recognition & Reward scheme available to all staff in the course of their work
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including RQF Level 3.
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER