Care Worker- Level 3 Days
Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Have job security with this full time, permanent position
- Provide quality care and make a difference to the lives of our residents
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
In this role, you will work with a variety of clients, with varying service needs, providing person-centered care and support to residents, enabling them to learn, explore, experience new things, and achieve individual goals to maintain a quality of life.
Responsibilities may include:
- Act as key worker for designated residents involving review and implementation of their care plans
- Empower resident to make choices involving their day-to-day activity and care plans
- Personal care including hygiene, toileting, bathing and dressing
- Mealtime assistance including preparation of foods, dining areas and feeding
- Domestic assistance e.g., changing bed linen, laundry, empty commode, etc.
- Support residents to maintain links with the community, build new friendships and enjoy community activities
- QCF (Level 3) Health and Social Care OR equivalent qualification or;
- GCSE English Language at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- NISCC Registration
- Please submit your application for further assessment if you have other relevant qualifications or experience not mentioned above
Skills & experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in Aged Care setting at a senior level
- Understanding of Residential Care Homes Regulations (NI) 2005, the RQIA Residential Care Home Minimum Standards August 2011
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy
- Ability to form appropriate supportive relationships with residents, representatives, and the wider community
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues and follow correct reporting procedures
- Demonstratable IT literacy including experience using Microsoft Office applications, email, and the internet
- Experience of working with individuals with dementia and administering medication is desirable
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- 21 days holiday leave plus public holidays
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland. Copelands is Belfast Central Mission’s flagship project, providing market leading care for Northern Ireland.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.