Case Worker – Derry/Londonderry Outreach – Full Time – Permanent
T: DePaul ROI Office 00353 1453 7111/ NI Office 02890 647755
Outreach Case Worker – Housing First – Derry/Londonderry
£23,683 per annum (£13.01 per hour)
35 hours per week – rota based
Your new role
You will be a member of a multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support Depaul service users. Working to a housing-led, low threshold, harm reduction approach, where service users receive a high degree of support and advice. Depaul has a commitment to service user participation and to empowering our service users to manage their own lives.
The aim of the role is to support and signpost service users into services that will improve their housing, health and wellbeing while improving the service users quality of life. This is achieved through the provision of engagement and individualised support plans, targeted interventions, signposting and group work. You will work proactively form strong relationships and gain service users' trust, striving to provide the best possible service levels at all times.
Enhanced Annual Leave – 35 days per year, increasing as your length of service increases
Paid Sick Leave
Company maternity & paternity pay
Contributory Pension scheme
Health Cash Back & Rewards Plan
Christmas Savers club
Plus, many opportunities to learn and develop within the organisation
Housing First, Strand Road, Derry/Londonderry, BT48 7AJ
Check out the attached Case Worker Highlights for an overview of the role and benefits.
- A formal Level 3 qualification in a social care field, e.g. diploma in health and social care or equivalent and at least 2 years paid relevant work experience
- At least 3 years paid relevant work experience and 3 formal qualifications at Level 2 to include Math and English, e.g. GCSE’s or NVQ
- Have an understanding of homelessness and the issues that can lead to homelessenss
- Have knowledge/experience of working with needs assessment, key working and support planning for service users
- Have a knowledge of the statutory and voluntary sector resources available to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness
- Ability to work on a rota basis
- Essential: a full driving license and full access to a car insured for business purposes
Closing date for applications is 8th March 2024 @ 10am
Dependent on the number of applications, we may contact applicants before the closing date. Please check your spam/junk folders.