Casual Care Worker (Level 2)
Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Multiple casual opportunities available
- Provide quality care and make a difference to the lives of our clients
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
In this role, you will work with a variety of clients, with varying service needs, providing person-centered care and support to residents, enabling them to maintain a quality of life.
Responsibilities may include:
- Personal care including hygiene, toileting, bathing and dressing
- Mealtime assistance including preparation of foods, dining areas and feeding
- Domestic assistance e.g., changing bed linen, laundry, empty commode, etc.
- Support residents with activities, community links and forming friendships
- QCF (Level 2) Health and Social Care OR equivalent qualification
Skills & experience
- 1 years’ experience working with older people in a residential or community setting
- Understanding of Residential Care Homes Regulations (NI) 2005, the RQIA Residential Care Home Minimum Standards August 2011
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy
- Ability to form appropriate supportive relationships with residents, representatives, and the wider community
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues and follow correct reporting procedures
- Demonstratable IT literacy including experience using Microsoft Office applications, email, and the internet
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland. Copelands is Belfast Central Mission’s flagship project, providing market leading care for Northern Ireland.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.