Casual Support Worker – Magherafelt/Dungannon
Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Flexible, casual opportunities available around the Magherafelt and Dungannon areas
- Empower and make a difference to the lives of young people living in the community
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
As a Support Worker at BCM, you will provide support and assistance to young people between the ages of 16 – 21 to build confidence and help them to prepare to live independently when they leave the project. You will deliver high-quality support services including the implementation, assessment, and development of support plans to ensure that they directly reflect the specific needs of the individual.
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provide practical support in all aspects of daily life including domestic assistance, cooking, decorating, shopping, financial budgeting
- Maintain and appropriately record and document information including maintaining case files and records in relation to all work activity
- Support the young people with making appointments, applying for financial support, attending appointments, etc
- Assess needs of individuals and develop and implement support plans
- GCSE English Language (or equivalent) is essential
Skills & experience
- Minimum one-year experience supporting groups and/or individuals
- Experience of supporting young people/adolescents is desirable
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy
- Ability to form appropriate supportive relationships with service users, representatives, and the wider community
- Demonstrate resilience and use initiative to resolve issues and follow correct reporting procedures
- Demonstratable IT literacy including experience using Microsoft Office applications, email, and the internet
- A full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle is desirable for this role
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- 21 days holiday leave plus public holidays
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.