Chemical Engineering Placement
T: 028 3831 1240
Huhtamaki, a global specialist in packaging for food and drink, dedicated to making every consumer experience enjoyable, consistent and safe.
With over 100 years of history and a strong Nordic heritage we operate in 38 countries and 114 locations around the world. Our 19,600 employees are working to deliver smart next generation packaging.
Locally, we are based in Dollingstown, Co Armagh (30 minutes travelling time of Belfast) and manufacture molded fibre packaging products primarily for the food industry.
We are continually improving our knowledge and skills to be a world leader in manufacturing.
Placement Year Opportunity
Our Dollingstown site is situated close to the M1 and within 30 minutes travelling time from Belfast. Locally, we manufacture moulded fiber packaging products primarily for the food industry. This site employs almost to 300 people and has an annual turnover circa £50 million.
We are offering a 12-month Chemical Engineering placement opportunity commencing summer 2024.
We offer the following:
• A 12 month University Placement with the opportunity to gain relevant degree related work experience
• The opportunity to learn from experts within the field, putting your academic theory into practice
• Hands-on involvement in live project work
• Accredited training (Communication Skills, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Train the Trainer, Six Sigma, NVQ Level 2 Engineering Operations)
• Competitive salary, with 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
• Performance based bonus Scheme (up to £1,200)
• Employee benefits to include:
- Personal Development and Educational Assistance
- Gym Membership
- Enhanced Paternity pay
- Paid Bereavement leave
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Westfield Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Health Savings Account Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Subsidised Canteen Facilities
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company Work Wear
- Free Parking On-site
- Eyesight Test & Glasses allowance for VDU users
It is essential that candidates;
• Have passed all previous years of study
• Are working towards & on target for a relevant 2:1 degree classification
• Must be returning to study for their final year
• Display drive and enthusiasm and have an ambition for a career in their chosen field of study
• Show initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a successful team
How to Apply
If you want to be part of a progressive multi-national organisation, this is a fantastic opportunity within a growing Company in which to develop and grow your career.
Apply Online: https://huhtamaki.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th March 2024, 1700hrs.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER