Chemistry Placement Student
Chemistry Placement Student
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB5988
Business Unit: Sciences
Open To: Internal and external applicants welcome
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Chemistry team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for the development of chemical processes to allow successful manufacture of drug substance to support toxicology, clinical trials and commercial supply. You will carry out assigned practical chemistry and analysis project work, under supervision, and will support the day to day running of the chemistry labs.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes, grades A-C, in Mathematics and English Language
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
- Currently studying a Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with successful completion of their penultimate year by the end of this academic year
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- 3 A Levels at grade A-C or equivalent
- An overall result of ≥60% from your previous academic year.
- Previous laboratory experience within industry or educational institution
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Bereavement Leave
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield healthcare benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
10th December 2020 at 17.00 hours