Civils Engineer 6 Month FTC
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
- Ensuring Foundation Upgrades are installed to client / designer specification drawings, e.g., correct measurements, correct concrete, correct rebar, correct concrete shutters, weather protection, curing times.
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations and specific RAMSs for each task, and ensuring each operative is signed up to the correct RAMS and have appropriate training.
- Plant inductions (Ensuring plant is fit for purpose)
- Liaising with Project manager and management team updating on progress and planning workload for sub-contractors to ensure program is adhered to and continuation of work is maintained
- Pre visiting sites to foresee any issues which need to be resolved before contractor commences, e.g., poor ground conditions, access issues, height restrictions from Conductors.
- Liaising with the client and designer to update and resolves queries they may have
- Reviewing RAMS for acceptance from sub-contractors
- Preparing Permits to Work/Operate, Permits to Dig, providing Safe Dig drawings, checking these updated and reflective of what is installed.
- Compiling Quality Assurance documents, e.gs. Concrete Cube test spreadsheets, Stone Sample testing
- Ensuring temporary stay wire and blocks are installed as required, which may vary according to weather conditions
- Reviewing costs and Dayworks for acceptance from sub-contractors
- Provide a weekly Progress Update
- Complete Safety Audits on site and advise on resolution of issues, and stop works if necessary
- Visit each site daily, and ensure all operatives and plant are inducted to Circet, and Hazards are safely managed
- Ensure Environmental policies are followed, e.g. silt fencing installed, plant nappies and oil spill kits are on site, distances maintained from Badger sets, close liaison with Circet environmental officer and a prestart visit to identify potential issues
- Ensuring operatives have correct training for tasks being carried out.
- Ensuring watercourse and culverts are managed safely, installing piped crossing points as required
- Ensuring reinstatement is completed correctly, field drainage installed, rubbish removed, topsoil correctly levelled, grass seeded, fencing / gates installed.
- Ensuring Traffic Management plans are followed, with correct road signage and vehicle/pedestrian access is maintained as required
- Ensuring Access Lanes are installed and removed to client specification, and where necessary agreeing addition stone quantities e.g. low areas in the field.
- Ensuring Temporary works designs are completed on site as per the agreed procedure.
- Ensuring adequate welfare is provided on site, and COSHH is complied with.
• 3rd level Qualification in Civil Engineering with 4 years post graduate experience within the construction industry or a similar role
• Fluent in Microsoft packages;
• Good standard of written English.
• Patient and assertive,excellent communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
• Full driving license
Knowledge & Experience;
- Experience of reading, interpreting and assessing against civil related specifications and drawings
- Experience of inspecting structural concrete including reinforcement
- Experience in compiling comprehensive site records
- Experience of completing daily progress reports
- Good communication skills
- A valid CSR or similar approved safety card
- Site Travel
- NIE requirements as above including Client authorisation
- Manual Handling
- First Aid
- CSR / CSCS Equivalent