T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Clinical Scientist – NGS (21N/CSCS)
We require highly motivated and enthusiastic Clinical Scientist – NGS. This key position will involve review of NGS data, variant interpretation and preparation of clinical interpretive reports. This person will have a key role in SARS CoV 2 genome sequencing and reporting of variants. This will be carried out this will be carried out using a semi-automated workflow with sequencing on a NovaSeq 6000.
• To ensure strict adherence to all laboratory procedures
• To ensure that all work is done in compliance with ISO 17025 / 15189 or CAP requirements
• To ensure that all assays meet the specified QC parameters for DNA extraction, during NGS library preparation, NGS sequencing and data analysis
• To assist in the development of new molecular genetic assays
• DNA sequencing including NGS
• Use of Bioinformatics packages and variant interpretation software
• Implement clinical diagnostic reporting procedures for NGS assays and other genetic assays
• To apply a systematic approach for the analysis of DNA sequence data and for the interpretation of variants
• Deliver presentations on NGS diagnostic tests as required
Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to Honours degree level in Molecular Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or a Life Science discipline with a 2:1 grade or above
• To be registered with HCPC as a Clinical Scientist in molecular genetics or related discipline involving molecular biology
• To maintain professional membership of national and international societies such as ACGS, RCPath etc.
• Experience in Molecular Diagnostic Testing, sequence variant interpretation and clinical reporting
• 3 years’ experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory or equivalent
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Must have excellent time management, organisational and database skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages)
• Ability to work independently
• Further qualification MSc or PhD in relevant discipline related to molecular genetics
• Experience in clinical interpretative reporting of NGS panel tests for inherited cancer and / or inherited cardiac disorders, clinical exomes or genomes, viral genomes.
• Experience in Bioinformatics packages and sequence variant interpretation.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential. We are open to considering candidates on a full-time or part-time basis for this role.
The position will be based at the Randox Clinical Laboratory Services Laboratory at Randox Science Park, Antrim
The Molecular Biology group at Randox develop innovative multiplex diagnostic tests that provide greater clinical information from a single patient sample, allowing enhanced decision making. We are increasing our test portfolio, which already includes oncology, cardiac and infectious disease panels, so require additional research scientists to meet demand.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this ai
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer