Lagan Specialist Contracting Group
T: 028 9045 5531
FK Lowry (part of the Lagan Specialist Contracting Group) is now recruiting for a Contracts Engineer
Company: FK Lowry
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent
Assisting in delivering piling projects safely, on time and within budget
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Visiting site pre-commencement
- Preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments, and implementing safe working practices on site
- Site briefings and tool box talks
- HSEQ audits
- Implementing design to site execution
- Ensuring up to date Contract documentation is reviewed and in place
- Maintaining site records and diaries
- Liaise with QS to identify change/delay to tender
- Procurement and scheduling of piles and/or materials
- Understanding tender and contract award
- Control of costs and financial reporting to Contracts Manager
- Operating accounts system for control of material and plant orders
- Liaising with clients
- Sequencing and programming
- Attending site meetings (HSEQ/Progress etc)
- Supporting piling operatives
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Contracts Manager, other department staff
- Establish and maintain effective communications with site staff.
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with all Lagan Specialist Contracting Group staff including Health and Safety, Quality and Human Resources.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Clients
What you'll bring
As a Contracts Engineer your main skills and experience will include:
- Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience in Civil Engineering/Piling
- Ability to successfully implement, maintain and ensure compliance of Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Commercially aware of economies and efficiencies
- Fully flexible regarding travel, prepared to travel to site locations within the UK and Ireland
- Ability to Manage/Control on site setting out
- Ability to read and understand Construction drawings and Specification
- Full valid driving licence
- IT literate in all Microsoft Office applications
- At least 1-year experience engineering within the piling industry
- CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent
- Experience of using AutoCAD or other equivalent software
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer an attractive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
At Lagan Specialist Contracting Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
To apply for this post please submit your CV.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 05 March at 12 noon.
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES