Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Have job security with this full time, permanent position
- Make a positive difference to the lives of our residents through your love of food
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
As a Cook at Kirk House, you will share responsibility with the Head Chef to delivering a high-quality dining service to residents that offers a creative menu that meets residents’ nutritional and dietary requirements and offers choice.
The Cook will work collaboratively with the Head Chef to:
- Design an provide a creative, tasty and season-appropriate menu that meets expectations and needs of residents, including home baking
- Provide a range of choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner to suit all palates, dietary requirements, digestion
- Ensure the kitchen is maintained to a high standard ensuring compliance hygiene, quality and food safety regulations
- Ensure stock is maintained and implement protocols to minimise wastage, including portion control
- CIEH Level 3 in Food Safety or equivalent;
Skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a cook in a busy kitchen
- Experience managing the kitchen budget including stock control
- Ability and experience to design a high-quality menu that offers variety for all meals
- Experience following compliance requirements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy
- Ability to form appropriate supportive and appropriate relationships with residents
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues and follow correct reporting procedures
- Excellent IT literacy and the ability to use Microsoft applications and email
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- 21 days holiday leave plus public holidays
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.