Corporate Project Officer
Ards & North Down Borough Council
T: 0300 013 3333
To support the Capital Project and Programme Manager in the delivery of a range of concurrent, typically high-profile capital and other corporate projects. Liaising with external consultants and project managers and managing budgets on schemes of varying sizes.
- This is a permanent, full-time post, working 36 hours per week – Monday to Thursday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm and Friday 9.00 am to 4.30 pm.
- Based initially from the Town Hall, Bangor, however successful candidates will work throughout the Borough
- Applicants must be willing to undertake all hours as necessary for the efficient discharge of the post including attendance at evening meetings as required.
- Appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of a medical questionnaire.
- A reserve list may be maintained for one year from which other similar vacancies at the same grade may be filled.
- All correspondence in relation to the job vacancy will be completed by email and phone. Therefore, it is important that applicants ensure a valid e-mail address and mobile number are provided and entered accurately when filling out the application form.
- Applicants should ensure they check their emails including junk folders regularly.
- Further guidance on the interview process to be used during COVID-19, will be provided via e-mail to shortlisted Candidates.
Employees have access to a wide range of benefits at Ards and North Down Borough Council. In addition to a competitive salary, the Council supports all staff in their career aspirations through learning and development opportunities. Current key benefits include:
- 34 days of annual leave (including bank/public holidays), rising to 37 days after five years of service, and 40 days after 10 years of service.
- Northern Ireland Local Government Pension Scheme (Council contributes 19.5% of salary).
- Health benefits: Westfield Healthcare Scheme; Leisure Centre Membership; Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Flexi time / Time off in lieu (TOIL).
- Education / qualifications support after qualifying period.
- Plus much more…