COVID Processing Operative
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
COVID Processing Technicians (Full-time, Temp)– No experience necessary. (Job Code 21N/TRCP)
Randox currently require highly motivated and dedicated individuals to work on a full-time, permanent basis within our busy Accessioning Team. All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided (including face masks/ visors, gowns and gloves).
Work Patterns are:
• 4 on, 4 off, rotating day and night shifts, 7am-7pm / 7pm-7am
As a member of the Accessioning department you will be part of a multifunctional team who hold responsibility for the unpacking and administrative processing of COVID -19 samples when they are returned to our laboratories for testing. Your duties will include:
• Removal of samples from their individual outer boxes, opening of sample tubes from pathoseal bags and decontamination of samples manually or by using the Automated Box Cutter, Automated Bag Cutting and the Automated Sanisiting Conveyor Robots
• Organisation and sorting of sample tubes by tube type
• Scanning of samples onto the Randox Covid19 Portal. This can be completed manually following the Departmental Procedures or alternatively by use of the Automated Accessioning Gantry.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good Communication skills
As part of this role you will be required to wear extensive personal protective equipment including protective suit, face mask, gloves and shoe covers.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English Language (Grades A-C)
• Good numeric and organisational skills
• Good interpersonal and team working skills
• Good time keeping skills
• Computer literacy advantageous
• Previous experience in a manufacturing / production environment, whilst not essential, may prove advantageous.
• Experience of shift work, whilst not essential, may also prove advantageous.
Full training will be provided. Opportunities for progression exist for those who show potential.
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer