Customer Support Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Customer Support Scientist – Toxicology (Ref: 21I/CSUS)
Randox is currently looking to recruit an experienced and customer focused individual to join its Customer Support team. The Customer Support Scientist will offer technical and customer assistance for the Randox biochip instruments within Randox Food Diagnostics and Randox Toxicology.
This is a Home based position, which will require frequent travel to customer sites globally.
• Performing of instrument installations and end-user training world-wide.
• Responsibility for the quality control and release of Biochip instrumentation at Randox HQ.
• Trouble-shooting of Biochip, ELISA and RX related customer queries and the provision of product information and advice.
• The development of a high degree of product knowledge covering all Biochip related product groups, ELISA and RX
• Organising internal and external training for staff, distributors and customers globally.
• Attending at conferences and exhibitions promoting biochip array products.
• Ensuring our response time and quality of responses meets our customer expectations.
• The use of Respond software to record and monitor the status of customer and internal queries.
• At least a Bachelor level degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Immunology or a Life Science related discipline.
• Confidence in liaising with people via telephone and in person.
• Previous experience in customer support.
• Fluency in English and one additional language, ideally Spanish.
• Experience of immunoassay and molecular testing.
• Practical experience in an automated laboratory or diagnostic environment.
• Thorough knowledge or Randox Products.
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.