Customs and Compliance Officer
Customs and Compliance Officer
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6106
Business Unit: Clinical Services
Location: Craigavon OR Dundalk
Open To: Internal & External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Working as part of the Logistics team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon or our facility in Dundalk, you will provide support for the Logistics Services and Customs and Compliance department and will be responsible for the effective co-ordination of activities associated with ensuring Customs compliance. This post holder will be responsible for the issuance and management of the customs clearance instructions for the UK and Ireland organisations.
The post holder will also be responsible for supporting the introduction of a range of UK and Irish procedures and schedules pertaining to customs import and export activities.
The post holder will be involved in the implementation and on-going management of Customs special procedures including, Authorised Economic Operator (AEO), Customs Warehouse (CW) and Inward Processing Relief (IPR).
The post holder will require a working knowledge of Customs procedures and regulations.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND/HNC (or equivalent)
Experience in working in Import and Export compliance role
- Experience of working within a Logistics capacity including knowledge of operational import and export regulations and controls, tariff classification, valuation, duty preferences and free trade agreements.
- Experience working with brokers and customs authorities
- Good knowledge of incoterms and impacts to supply chain and logistics.
- Working knowledge of Customs systems (e.g. Automated Entry processing (AEP) / CHIEF)
- Understanding Regulatory framework (e.g. Union Customs Code)
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND/HNC (or equivalent) in a Logistics/Transport or Business Management related discipline
- Knowledge of EU and UK Customs legislation including implementing processes to support customs regimes and procedures
- Experience of working with Duty Management software or working directly with Customs Clearance systems
- Knowledge of GMP or GDP
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Paid medical appointments
- Westfield health benefit
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
19th January 2021 at 17.00 hours