Delivery Support Engineer – Technical
Thompson Aero Seating Limited
T: +44 (0) 28 3833 4000
Thompson Aero Seating is one of the leading suppliers of Business and First-Class aircraft seating, with a worldwide customer base with an increasing and expanding market share and product portfolio. Join our specialist support team and be part of the best of advanced manufacturing capability in Northern Ireland, as we work towards achieving our goal of becoming the number one supplier of Business and First-Class aircraft seating products.
It’s an exciting time to join our business as we implement our 5-year growth plan and as such, we are hiring for a Delivery Support Engineer – Technical to join the team and will be responsible to assist with providing timely solutions to installation problems by liaising with the engineering design team, quality team, and manufacturing team as required to evaluate installation issues and provide a robust solution. As the first point of contact for all technical & design related matters they will perform a key point of liaison between TAS, OEM’s and any OSS subcontractors. National and International travel may be required in line with business requirements.
The successful candidate will focus on three key areas as below:
- Support TAS and VPS OSS teams with technical assistance to ensure on-time installation and delivery of TAS products
- Implement lessons learned and design changes for subsequent shipset deliveries
- Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments of existing and new programs in order to effectively deal with future OEM installation programs
- Feed learning and product improvement suggestions back into the design team
- Take part in liability review and validation activities
- Partake in OEM visits for continuous improvement activities
- Compilation and governance of KPI’s
It’s an exciting time to join our business as we implement our 5-year growth plan. In addition to an exciting career with our global organisation, you can expect a lucrative salary, pension, generous 33 days holiday entitlement, and continuing opportunities. In September alone we completed over 1700 working hours of staff training and are committed to supporting the ongoing development of all our colleagues.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant engineering experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Experience using CAD
- Awareness of aircraft installation technical requirements and certification aspects
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to be proactive and act in a professional manner to influence all key stakeholders
- Effective communication skills – both verbal and written
- Possess strong IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to interpret technical drawings
Click "apply" or contact our HR team; email@example.com to hear more about the position.
Thompson Aero Seating reserve the right to enhance criteria in order to facilitate the shortlisting process. It is therefore essential that your application contains full concise information and evidence relevant to the position.
Thompson Aero Seating is an equal opportunities employer.