Deputy Harbour Master
T: +44 (0)28 9055 4422
- Manage/Supervise day to day control of all shipping movements and the allocation of ancillary marine services within the Harbour’s area of responsibility in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements in accordance with the Port Marine Safety Code (PMSC). The maintenance of the highest standards of safety and in support of the Port’s commitment to customer service.
- Manage/Supervise the day-to-day control of land-based services within the Harbour’s area of responsibility in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, the maintenance of the highest standards of safety and in support of the Port’s commitment to customer service.
- Manage/Supervise the daily working relationship with the marine service companies which facilitate shipping movements within the Harbour.
- Manage/Supervise Port conservancy; navigational, marine and land safety and emergency requirements. Co-ordinate with other BHC departments to deliver compliance as required under our responsibilities in the Port Marine Safety Code (PMSC) as a CHA and LLA.
- Deputise for the Harbour Master in their absence, or as otherwise called upon, including the exercise of the Harbour Master’s discretionary authority.
Our vision is to be a world leading regional port and an iconic waterfront for Belfast.
Our core values are: People Focused, Open, Responsible and Trustworthy.
For each of our values we have identified key behaviours of how Belfast Harbour employees can live out our values.
- People Focused- To collaborate and work well with others whilst being inclusive to ensure everyone feels welcome at Belfast Harbour.
- Open- To be innovative, trying out new ideas as well as thinking out our feet and adapting to change.
- Responsible- Prioritising safety across Belfast Harbour and committing to sustainable practices.
- Trustworthy- Acting with integrity and respect, striving to do the right thing and treating people how they want to be treated.
- Class 1 Master’s Certificate of Competency (or equivalent) (Preferred)
- Class 2 Chief Mate Certificate of Competency or an OOW certificate will also be considered
- V103 certificate will be considered if accompanied by three years of recent port experience
- Current full clean driving licence
Please refer to the job description and person specification attached for full role details and criteria.