Direct Labour Manager
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
As Direct Labour Manager, you will be responsible for fulfilling KN Circet’s Labour requirements across the UK with skilled operatives within specified timescales, whilst ensuring all activities comply with the company’s management systems and HSQET policies.
Responsibilities to include:
- Work in partnership with senior management and HR teams to develop strategic direct Labour and Operative recruitment plans to support the Group’s overall goals and objectives.
- Responsible for delivering the Group's Direct Labour Management Business Plan, managing the associated commercials (P&L) and running an end to end business providing services to KN Circet utilising KN’s support services.
- Responsible for trade skills development and talent pipeline management.
- Provide services to all KN Circet contracts – in particular R100 and Fibre Cities.
- Take the lead on apprenticeships, skills training, onboarding and accreditation.
- Ensuring Operatives are provided with accommodation / resettlement if they are relocating from Europe.
- Provide technical direction and support by giving specialist advice on FTTC & FTTH, including relevant disciplines such as associated Civils, Cabling, Blowing and Splicing.
- Encourage candidates to work at maximum efficiency to the business and in turn offer incentives for increased productivity.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating recruitment needs as well as designing and delivering a variety of recruitment solutions.
- Ensure all HSEQT policies and procedures are adhered to.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experienced leader with proven track record in leading a multi-functional team.
- Proven ability to deliver against operational targets.
- Commercially aware and engaged.
- Naturally collaborative, able to build relationships with key client and supply chain contacts.
- Able to command respect and establish personal and business credibility.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Preferably you will have experience in an Operational Manager role.
- Experience of utility (streetworks) operations, particularly high-volume low value.
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered in a Safe, Quality and On Time Manner.
- Ensure that a ‘Right First Time’ culture is adopted and developed throughout the business.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that KN undertake.
- Ensure that all contracts achieve turn over and profitability by maximising efficiency and minimising cost of failure.
- Manage Client relationships within the client organisations across all areas.
- Sponsor new ways of working which would improve delivery and service then support any activities being undertaken to implement change.