Electronic Control & Instrument (ECI) Technician
T: + 44 (0)28 3026 4435
Based within our Engineering Department the successful candidate will be responsible for electronic and maintenance activities with in a manufacturing environment comprising of both preventive and reactive duties, to also include data collection/documentation for validated systems.
- To carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on electronic components of the plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Rectify and support electronic breakdowns efficiently and effectively
- Communicate, record any changes, relevant information fully to other personnel and complete maintenance documentation.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with all safety regulations.
- Respond to plant breakdowns by ensuring that PPM is carried out, reducing downtime.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to a high standard as expected on a pharmaceutical plant.
- Ensure all H&S (Health and Safety) procedures are adhered to including Permit to Work, Comply with Norbrook’s LOTO system at all times.
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements: as per training, policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work etc.
- All employees are required to be flexible and carry out any reasonable requests to suit the needs of the business.
- Any other duties as required by line management, commensurate with the post holder’s level of training and competence.
- ONC/HNC qualification in an engineering discipline & minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- In depth knowledge of process control/instrumentation
- Knowledge of control systems within automated equipment
- Strong technical skills
- Experience in carrying out process control/instrumentation fault finding and planned maintenance
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation systems employed on automated equipment
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, to operate under time pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team or unsupervised
- Higher Level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Recognised calibration technical qualification
- ATEX qualified
- Experience with PLC controlled systems
- Experience using a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience of technical documentation writing (e.g. SOP’s, Instrument/Equipment Specifications)
- Documentation Control
This role will be based in a site that produces and handles penicillin, and as such, this role would not be suitable for those that have a penicillin allergy.
Applicants should be able to provide proof that they have a right to work in the UK at the time of their application. Applicants who are unable to provide this proof will not be considered.
We regret that applications received after the closing date and time will not be accepted.
Free Life Assurance
Company Pension Scheme
Healthcare cash plan
32 days annual leave
Company Sick Pay
Employee well-being initiatives
Employee Assistance Programme
On-site free parking
Susidised canteen Facilities
Employee Perks scheme
Employee Recognition scheme
Career development opportunities
Norbrook Laboratories Limited employs a workforce with members of all sections of the community and is committed to appointing people purely on the basis of merit. In accordance with our equal opportunities policy, we would particularly like to welcome applicants from the Protestant Community.