T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Graduate Buyer, Engineering – (Job Ref: 22N/ENBU)
Location: Ardmore. Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday, 8:40am – 5:20pm
An excellent opportunity has arisen to be part of a growing Supply Chain Department as a highly motivated and enthusiastic Engineering Graduate Buyer.
Buyers are responsible for purchasing products and services from suppliers, which offer value for money, quality service and sustainability in addition to the support of the departmental strategic objectives and the progression of our preferred suppliers.
Randox now offer free transportation from Antrim Train / Bus station each morning to take staff to our various sites in Antrim and Crumlin. This shuttle will take staff back to the station at the end of the day.
• Ordering materials, including scientific products and components for our R&D and manufacturing divisions
• Ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continued production while abiding by lean management principles
• Communicating and negotiating regularly with suppliers to ensure on time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification whilst monitoring cost / identifying cost reduction opportunities
• Preparing and issuing quotation requests
• Carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Science, Engineering or Business-related degree (at least 2:1).
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
• Working accurately and to tight deadlines.
• Willingness to travel.
• Full clean driving licence.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Driven / self-motivated.
• Experience of sourcing suppliers and conducting negotiations.
• Chartered Institute of Purchasing Qualification.
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Total Quality Management requirements.
Full training will be provided.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.