Essential Skills Tutor – Literacy
T: (028) 90 325 835
- Salary: £27,403 per annum
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Contract: Permanent
- Holidays: 12 statutory days (pro rata) 20 Annual days (pro rata).
- Location: Bryson Energy, Stockman House, Belfast
Bryson Energy through its Training & Employability work delivers Employment and Vocational Training programmes to young people and the unemployed. For over 30 years it has successfully managed and delivered a wide range of qualifications, training and employment programmes.
To be responsible for the delivery and assessment of Entry Level 1-3, Level 1-2 qualifications in Essential Skills Training – Literacy in accordance with standards laid down by the Awarding Organisation. To be responsible for ensuring each Programme participant has the opportunity to achieve accreditation in Essential Skills Literacy which is necessary to progress in training and work.
- To develop and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the guidelines of training programmes designed to increase the Essential Skills of learners.
- To assess individual training needs in relation to the required level of Essential Skills Training as part of a formal induction process.
- To take appropriate action to ensure each candidate has the maximum opportunity to attain an Essential Skills Training qualification within his or her ability.
- To prepare and maintain group and individual learning plans.
- To agree and compile Assessment Plans which demonstrate how Essential Skills Training will be delivered and assessed at key stages.
- To assist participants in identifying and recording achievements throughout their period of training
- To develop a comprehensive range of training material that meet the standards of the Awarding Organisation for each specific qualification
- Educated to 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- A Degree in English as per DfE requirements (circular 01/12)
- A minimum of one year previous experience delivering Essential Skills Literacy qualifications to Level 2.
- Experience of reaching attainment targets of Essential Skills Literacy qualification
- Hold a full driving licence.
- Access to transport for work purposes as and when required.