Since its formation in 1978, Moore Concrete Products Ltd has developed into a world class, quality focused, precast concrete manufacturer based outside Ballymena. The company is customer focus led, ensuring the continued evolution of our extensive product range, designed to meet the requirements of civil infrastructure, agriculture and building customers across the UK & Ireland.
We are currently recruiting for full time Estimator to join our team striving to achieve the company’s vision statement and maximise sales opportunities to achieve sales and gross profit targets.
- Working hours: Mon- Fri 40 hours per week
- 29 days holidays
- On site car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Private healthcare scheme
- Axa Insurance Discount
- Employee of the month
- Flexible working policy
Hours of work
Work: Standard hours will be Monday to Friday 8.00 – 5.00pm. 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to work additional hours if needed.
Key responsibilities of the role include:-
- To maximise sales opportunities, deal with enquiries and convert to orders to achieve the Company’s Sales targets.
- Ensure that customer enquiries, Bills of Quantities and tenders are priced accurately from drawings and bar schedules and in the required timeframe.
- Ensure these are recorded on the CRM system and followed up to win orders.
- Ensure that orders are won at the best price possible.
- Achieve personal sale targets/KPIs.
- Provide accurate information to Planning, Production, Quality/Technical and Despatch to ensure that technical requirements and timeframes are met.
- Liaise with the Lead Estimator in identifying new product and market opportunities, which may be beneficial to the Company
- Attend exhibitions/trade shows/customer meetings/site visits and represent the Company when required.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed through consultation with the Lead Estimator/Sales Manager.
- Third level education or equivalent experience in an engineering environment, ideally civil or structural engineering.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Have the ability to deal professionally with customers/clients
- Driven individual with an interest in Civil Engineering and Construction
- Willingness to contribute to the success of the company in this key role
- Good time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a busy team
- Excellent organisational skills and clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience or knowledge of precast concrete structures
- Experience of estimating within a busy office
- Proven sales experience
- Ability to read drawings and bar schedules may be an advantage