Facilities Construction Buyer
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Facilities Construction Buyer (Job Ref: 21N/FCBD)
An excellent opportunity has aFrisen at Randox to join our Facilities department in the position of Facilities Construction Buyer.
As a Facilities Buyer you will be responsible for purchasing products materials and, negotiating and managing supplier contracts which offer value for money, quality service and sustainability.
The role requires support of the departmental strategic objectives and progression of our preferred suppliers.
You will have the opportunity to manage and build relationships with suppliers across a diverse spend portfolio.
• Preparation and placing of supplier orders
• Ensuring that all incoming goods are delivered in a timely manner and on schedule
• Cross-checking of supplier invoices against orders placed
• Maintenance of accurate purchasing records
• Conduct supplier negotiations and establish price structures
• Implementation and maintenance of Service Contracts
• Sourcing of potential new suppliers and performing year end reviews
• Generating and following up of Supplier Corrective Action Requests
• Maintenance of a fully computerised purchasing system
• Hiring sub-contractors
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable negotiation experience from a similar role
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills
• The ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Driven and self-motivated
• CIPS qualification
• Experience of sourcing suppliers
• Training in Six Sigma
• Working knowledge of health & safety requirements
• Experience in the use of a purchasing system, such as, Sage
• Awareness of Quality Management Systems
• Qualified to degree level (at least 2:1) in a Science, Engineering or Business related discipline
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer