Finance Officer – Accounts Payable
Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council
T: +44 (0) 28 7034 7034
- Work in conjunction with the Senior Finance Officer in the operation and delivery of the Accounts Payable function and associated expenses including processing, validating, payment via Bank Automated Clearing System (BACS) or cheque in compliance with stakeholder requirements including legislative, statutory, regulatory requirements and Council’s procedures in a range of purchasing, taxation, banking and associated matters including dealing with third parties to ensure Council avoids any late payment penalties.
- Complete Accounts Payable operations and payment processes including purchase order and invoice validation and verification, in compliance with stakeholder requirements including legislative, statutory, regulatory requirements and Council procedures.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Accounts Payable section through close working contact with Heads of Service, other Senior Managers and project teams as necessary by providing solutions in relation to financial issues which will have an impact within the remit of the Accounts Payable section.
- Ensure the timely delivery of the purchasing, creditor and costings functions to agreed timescales including the Accounts Payable section’s annual objectives and work programmes.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities of the role the post holder will be required to have the knowledge and capabilities to perform all duties within the Accounts Payable Section, deputising for the Senior Finance Officer when required, to ensure required levels of service are maintained.
- Communicate operational issues to the Senior Finance Officer to ensure quality of services is maintained
- Implement and process Terms and Conditions of service/delivery and related matters maintaining a high level of knowledge of the policies, regulations, procedures and terms and conditions involved.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements in particular ensuring that all supplier information is handled in strict accordance with Data Protection Regulations.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work regularly with deadlines and changing circumstances within the section.
Only application forms containing all the information which has been sought will be considered. The shortlisting panel will base shortlisting decisions on the information contained within the Essential Criteria narrative sections of the application form, however Desirable Criteria may be used. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide sufficient relevant information including dates in this section of the form for each criteria.
A reserve list may be established in order to fill future permanent and temporary posts that may arise for another similar vacancy within the following 12 months.