T: +353 (1) 457 5000
Circet UK are currently recruiting for an experienced Foreman.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager & Site Agents, you will be required to perform excavations, repairs and reinstatement's, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets and the installation of cable on telecoms infrastructure located within the public highway and customer’s premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies.
Responsibilities as Foreman:
- Responsible for the H&S & Quality of the squad.
- Completing daily RAM’s
- Provide new installation of duct, chambers, cabinets & associated equipment.
- Clear blockages and reinstate to industry standard ensuring all information / pictures are captured on company supplied assets
- Be competent in the use of Stihl Saws / Wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works
- Install new draw rope or cable as required
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / driver checks)
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the telecommunications industry
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- The successful candidate will hold a full UK drivers’ licence and have a minimum 1 year proven driving experience, they will also be able to prove confident skills in the area of street works and have industry recognised qualification to the following standard: NRSWA, CSCS, First Aid, Disclosure Scotland
- One member of each crew must have a towing licence (separate from HGV driver)
- Experience and a strong understanding of the SROH.
- NRSWA accreditation to Supervisor.
- IT skills to liaise with group works control.
- An understanding of permit to work schemes and noticing.
- Experience of demonstrating good communication skills and of prioritising works effectively.
- Comfortable and confident working to tight timescales effectively.
- Experience of dealing with external stakeholders and communicating effectively.
- Experience of implementing, following and amending procedures for the purpose of service delivery as dictated by the client.
- Previous reinstatement experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to understand client’s quality requirements.
- Candidates should be professional; self-motivated with good communication skills and be able to integrate fully into the project delivery team.
- Experience of managing civils / utility contracts preferable telecoms