Formulation Development Scientist
Formulation Development Scientist
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6032
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Open To: Internal & External Candidates
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe, across the US and in Asia.
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Pharma Services Business unit at our Craigavon headquarters, the post holder will be directly involved in the development of all aspects of the processes used in the manufacture of new and existing drug products.
The formulation development scientist will assume direct involvement in the formulation and development of medicinal products, covering a range of dosage forms including tablets, capsules, controlled release systems, sachets, liquids and semi-solids.
The role is a great mix of practical experience in manufacturing and laboratory facilities combined with intellectual problem solving and report writing.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Have eligibility to work in the UK OR possess a valid work permit that will allow you to take up full time, permanent employment in the UK
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related Scientific/Technical discipline
- Experience in formulation development of solid oral dosage forms, with knowledge of some of the following processes:
- Wet granulation
- Dry Granulation
- Fluid Bed Coating/Drying
- Tabletting and Tablet Coating
- Previous experience of optimising manufacturing processes
- Excellent working knowledge of cGMP clinical manufacture, to enable formulation and development of drug products from laboratory scale through pilot scale and on into production phase 1 to 3 to ensure competent technology transfer of drug products
- Experience in completing manufacturing documentation in accordance with GMP
- Previous experience within a technical role in the pharmaceutical industry to include;
- Controlled release
- Statistical experimental design
- QbD experience – risk assessment; FMEA
- Regulatory submissions
Family friendly flexible working
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Occupational sick pay
Enhanced maternity pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield healthcare benefit
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Monday 1st February 2021 at 1700 hours