T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Formulation Scientist – (Job Ref: 22N/FOSC)
We require a highly motivated and dedicated individual to work within our busy Formulation Department. The successful applicant will be responsible for the formulation and manufacture of the full range of Randox freeze dried diagnostic reagents in accordance with the departmental ISO framework. Based at Randox Headquarters Ardmore in Crumlin.
- The semi-automatic and manual dispensing of manufactured components.
- The bunging of reagent vials prior to freeze drying.
- The loading and unloading of freeze dryers.
- The operation and routine maintenance of freeze-drying plant.
- The accurate completion of formulation records for every batch of component manufactured.
- The operation and routine maintenance of various types of departmental equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- The accurate use and maintenance of the SAGE stock control system.
- Qualified to at least degree level in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Immunology or Life Science or have relevant experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail and the ability to prioritise work.
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety, including CoSHH.
- Experience using a stock control system, such as Sage.
- Ability to reliably operate different types of equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Packages.
- Good numerical skills for a wide range of scientific calculations.
- Full UK driving licence.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.