General Operatives x2
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
Under the direction of the Project Manager & Site Supervisor, applicants will be required to perform excavations and reinstatement's, installation of pole sleeving, installation of pole stay support anchors and assisting in overhead activities including pole erection in the electrical infrastructure located along the public highway, agricultural land and customer’s premises using up to date client standard operating procedures and in full compliance to current legislation, health and safety requirements and company policies
Roles & Responsibilities
- Installation of pipe sleeves in advance for installation of new wooden & steel poles.
- Installation of pole stay support anchors.
- Excavation & groundworks reinforced concrete foundations & steel assembly.
- Be competent in the use of quick-cut saws / wacker plates / trench compactor / mini digger / jack hammer and hold the correct certification to complete the works
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / driver checks)
- Use of hand-held device for reviewing and understanding of safe dig utility plans and taking photos of works complete and progress tracking.
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on health and safety requirements and responsibilities.
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties.
- To treat internal and external customers with respect and provide support at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all current client processes and procedures.
- Experience in a similar operational or engineering environment within the utilities industry.
- Be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external clients.
- The successful candidate will hold a full driver licence and have a minimum 1 year proven driving experience, HGV licence would be an advantage.
- The successful candidate should have a current CSCS card for excavator.
- The successful candidate should hold signing, lighting & guarding at road works