General Operator – Packing
To set up and operate all machines in the packing department – box formers, filling head, check weights, palletisers, high pressure pumps and extruders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure all machines are operating efficiently and in line with SOP’s;
- Work alongside the maintenance team to ensure any machine faults are fixed in a timely manner;
- Assist with the set up and control of all machines in the packing department;
- Monitor the work area in line with health and safety legislation and the Planed Preventative Maintenance Schedule (PPM);
- Monitor and record packs per minute on the machines to ensure weight is consistent;
- Check all products for quality issues;
- Ensure product change overs are performed in accordance with SOP manuals and with minimal downtime;
- Complete necessary paperwork as required;
- Operate the PLC Control Screens and SCADA Systems.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment operating packing machine;
- Ability to carry out product change overs without supervision;
- Previous experience working with PLC control screens and SCADA systems;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- An awareness of health and safety legislation;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- Good standard of written and spoken English;
- Have a customer-focused attitude.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the food industry;
- Experience of fault diagnosis and repair in a busy manufacturing / industrial process;
- Counterbalance forklift licence;
- Have a pallet stacker and electric pallet truck licence.
Hours of work: Current shifts Monday – Friday 6am – 2.30pm / 2.30pm – 1am (occasional weekend work)
In return all employees will have access to a Healthcare Plan (includes children up to the age of 18), Company Pension with Life Assurance and an active Health and Well Being strategy.