General Operator – Packing
To operate all machines in the packing department – box formers, filling head, check weights, palletisers, high pressure pumps and extruders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure all machines are operating efficiently and in line with SOP’s ;
- Monitor the work area in line with health and safety legislation and the Planed Preventative Maintenance Schedule (PPM);
- Report any issues to supervisor or maintenance department so they can be dealt with swiftly and effectively to minimise downtime;
- Monitor and record packs per minute on the machines to ensure weight is consistent;
- Check all products for quality issues;
- Ensure product change overs are performed in accordance with SOP and with minimal downtime;
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required;
- Operate the PLC Control Screens and SCADA Systems.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Previously worked with PLC control screens and SCADA systems;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- An awareness of health and safety legislation;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Good standard of written and spoken English;
- Have a customer-focused attitude.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the food industry;
- Counterbalance forklift licence;
- Have a pallet stacker and electric pallet truck licence.
Hours of work: Current shifts 6am – 2.30pm / 2.30pm – 1am
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply direct through our Get Got Portal https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm on Friday 25th September 2020.
Duncrue Foods Processors is an equal opportunities employer.