General Operator – Raw material intake area
Job Title: Production Operative (Raw Material Intake Department)
Reports Too: Supervisor / Assistant Supervisor Alfa
Location: Duncrue Food Processors, Duncrue Industrial Estate, Belfast
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (1.30pm – 10pm / 5pm –
1.30am on a rotating 2-week pattern)
Summary of Role:
To produce a top quality edible beef dripping (oil from process) in keeping with customer requirements and specifications, maintaining the quality and safety of the product necessary to achieve this objective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspection of raw material;
- Monitoring raw materials;
- Maintain Hygiene and cleanliness of the department inc bin washing;
- Fork Lift Driving – Counterbalance;
- Loading and unloading lorries;
- Maintaining appropriate records for the department;
- Assist with any other aspects of production.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures within the remit of this role;
- Carry out any other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned by management;
- Be flexible in approach to working hours.
- Previous work experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- Hold a valid Counter Balance Forklift License;
- An awareness of health and safety legislation;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate accuracy completing paperwork.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the meat industry;
- Knowledge of HACCP and CCP’s.