T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
COVID Support Operative– No experience necessary
Randox Laboratories are seeking applications from candidates to join our COVID team as technologists. These positions cover a number of functions within the lab including Laboratory Coordinators, Data In-put Technicians and Accessioning Technicians. No previous lab-based experience is necessary as full-training is provided. These are laboratory support roles it is NOT required to have a Science background.
We are looking for people who are highly motivated, with a good eye for detail who can think on their feet.
All our COVID lab roles require flexibility to work a shift pattern including day and night shifts. Rotas are done in advance. There are likely to be 2 shift patterns:
Pattern 1= 4 on, 4 off 12 hours shifts alternating between blocks of days and nights when you are on. E.g 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on, 4 days off.
Pattern 2= 5 days on, 2 days off. 8 Hours shifts alternating between early, middle and late shifts when you are on. E.g 5 days on (early), 2 days off, 5 days on (lates), 2 days off, 5 days on (Middles), 2 days off.
These shift patterns are subject to change.
These roles will be based at the Randox Science Park in Antrim Town. Parking is available and this site is well located for those who use public transport. We also have a shuttle service between Belfast and Randox.
A sample of the duties for the above 3 functions include:
- Retrieving samples from accessioning.
- Stock management and replenishment for each station and lab area.
- Keep a track of sample location and current progression.
- Using lab software to input work lists
- Scanning COVID sample barcodes
- Cross check (witness) sample paperwork
- Cross-check placement of samples
- Reviewing data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated, independent and proactive
- Strong work ethic and self-starter; able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
- Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work a shift pattern
- Excellent time management
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer