Genetic Data Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Genetic Data Scientist – (Job Ref: 22N/GNTC)
Randox Laboratories is actively looking to hire an enthusiastic Genetic Data Scientist to join its dynamic R&D team.
• Analyse data from experiments, including SNParray and NGS.
• Validating new features for genome analysis to enable better diagnostics and clinical management.
• Develop bioinformatics datasets and resources to enable downstream analyses.
• Propose and develop new methodologies to analyse the novel data types that we are generating inhouse.
• To work with biologists, bioinformaticians, and wet lab scientists.
• PhD or Masters in Biology, Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related subject.
• Proven working experience in Genome wide-association studies.
• Good knowledge of Human Genetics.
• Good knowledge of R and plink.
• A background in statistical genetics, statistical bioinformatics, biostatistics, etc.
• Reporting writing and presenting findings.
• Experience with database (SQL, etc.)
• Experience with cloud-scale data processing and high-performance computing.
• Knowledge of and experience working with Python.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.