Group Financial Accountant
Woodside Logistics Group
T: 028 93352255
Group Financial Accountant
Responsible to: Group Financial Controller
Working hours: Monday to Friday – 8.45am to 5.00pm
About the Company
Woodside Logistics Groups is one of the UK & Irelands leading logistics providers. We work across a wide variety of industry sectors; being the trusted logistics provider for many of Irelands, the UK’s and Europe’s leading manufacturers, retailers, and distributors.
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant as a result of continued growth across the Group.
The Group Financial Accountant will be a key member of the finance team, working across all operating and holding entities within Woodside Logistics Group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the control, management and preparation of timely and accurate financial reporting. This will include weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
The successful candidate will also manage various members of the department and be responsible for ensuring a first-class work environment within the department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To produce accurate and timely month end accounts, including balance sheet reconciliations, consolidation, and detailed variance analysis. This will include acting as the primary liaison with our auditors.
- To ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of all transactions in a controlled and properly authorised manner, using appropriate checks and reconciliations designed to ensure accuracy and integrity of input.
- Assisting in the production of the annual budget and controlling spends via reporting and supervision of the procurement processes.
- Development of key processes in particular functionalities within Business Central and further development of BI reporting for financial information
- Ensure internal financial controls are designed, operational and adhered to
- Identifying gaps in the financial process and creating workable solutions to reduce risk of control deficiencies.
- Management of various members of the finance department to include providing support and coaching; ultimately ensuring a first-class working environment and culture.
- Assisting in various projects and quality programmes, ensuring that they are delivered within tight deadlines.
- Support other business units with accurate and relevant financial reporting.
Passionate about delivering accurate and well analysed financial information and communicating this via excellent verbal and written communication.
People orientated with a drive to maintain an inclusive and first-class working environment.
A strong overall I.T. knowledge as there will be exposure to several operating systems across the Group.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Experience of managing a team.
- Strong technical knowledge of FRS102.
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Office solutions.
- Use of Business Central and Sage Payroll Systems (Training will be provided)
- Use of other operating systems such as Traffic/Production planning systems, HR Systems etc
- Payroll Experience
- Knowledge of Brexit and Customs implications.
Market leading remuneration package on offer.
You will be joining a strong, enthusiastic, and supportive team.