Head of Merchandising
Chain Reaction Cycles
T: 028 9334 5507
Head of Merchandising | Full time | Permanent | Belfast (Can be based remotely)
WiggleCRC are looking to recruit a Head of Merchandising to join the B&M team.
The Head of Merchandising role is to manage and develop the wider Merchandising team, and to ‘act up’ to cover the Group Merchandising Director where required. The Head of Merchandising is accountable for overall product forecasts, stock, availability, range planning parameters, and clearance / promotional pricing within their product Division.
- Deliver strategic direction for the Division
- Sign off the pre-season Divisional Budget
- Sign off the Divisional Assortment Plans
- Use historical analysis and market trends effectively to justify forward plans
- Identify the required sourcing strategy for the Soft Goods
- Manage the ranges and buying within stock budgets
- Manage the in-season reforecasting process
- Manage the range within the agreed parameters (width of range, clearance at end of lifecycle etc)
- Manage and coach the Merchandising team providing clear business communication to support and develop skills base
- Drive and develop enhanced ways of working, considering outcomes and developing action plans for delivery.
- Communicate key information to the wider business (e.g. Marketing, Operations, Finance etc)
Who are we looking for?
- Past experience in a senior Merchandising Management role within a similar retailer (Sports Goods or Fashion), or highly performing individual from within the business looking to progress.
- Must be highly numeric with good skills in a known WSSI tool (Arthur Planning, Oracle MFP etc), excellent Excel and Powerpoint skills, with Oracle Retail an advantage.
- Have good commercial understanding of the product set, with wider market knowledge.
- Understand the principles of balanced attribute range building, and able to construct and operate within a budgeted framework.
- Analyses issues and proposes solutions
- Ability to present facts, opinions and proposals persuasively that instils buy in to ideas and commitment to completion.
- Seeks to understand our strategies, markets, customers and suppliers
- Operates in a timely and organised manner
- Experienced negotiation skills
Why work for us?
We are always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. We offer some of the most rewarding career opportunities in sports retail, eCommerce, and IT development. Our people are highly valued and thrive in a relaxed culture which encourages innovation and personal development.
What’s in it for you?
If working alongside some for the most creative people isn’t enough, we offer you:
Excellent career progression opportunities, 25 days annual leave, Staff discount, 5% pension contribution, company sporting events, smart casual dress code and a brilliant company culture.
Is this the job for you? If so, we would love to hear from you…
Why not stand out from the crowd and send us your wiggly cover letter to give us a better idea of who you are and why you want to join the team…