Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinator
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinator (Job Ref: 20N/HSCM)
Randox Laboratories is currently looking to hire an organised and detail orientated individual in the position of Health & Safety and Environmental Coordinator. Based from the Randox Science Park in Antrim Town, Co. Antrim, the successful applicant will play a key role in implementing and promoting H&S procedure and policies in line with legislation and company objectives. This position is temporary initially with the opportunity for the right person to be made permanent.
• Assist HSE team with the health, safety and environmental management systems and ensure compliance with the HSE legislation.
• Carry out audits and inspections to ensure safe working environment.
• Review audits and inspections and assessments carried out by others.
• Complete risk assessments on activities, substances and work areas.
• Assist in the provision of HSE advice to employees, contractors and other relevant parties.
• Administrative duties including document control and updating training matrix etc
Essential Skills and Experience
• Educated to degree level in an Environmental or Health and Safety related subject
• Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
• Excellent communications and interpersonal abilities required.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Previous experience in accident investigations, reporting and risk assessment
• NEBOSH General Certificate or working towards certification
• Microsoft Office and Excel Skills
• Knowledge of ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 are desirable but not essential.
• Experience of risk assessment and audits
• A valid drivers’ licence
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer