Health & Safety Lead
T: 028 87723131
Role: Health & Safety Lead
Hours: 38 hrs per week
Ref No: HSL-20
Department: Business Excellence
Greiner Packaging Dungannon are part of the Greiner Group and one of the most important European manufacturers of packaging, with a major network of production facilities in Europe and worldwide.
The Dungannon site was founded in 1972 and was successfully incorporated into the Greiner Packaging Group network in 2006, significantly strengthening our market position in the UK. We are a major manufacturer of thermoformed pots for the food/non-food and dairy industry and have a reputation for providing top class products and excellent customer care. We supply Thermoformed, Injection moulded and Injection stretch blow moulded plastic packaging for FMCG products in food and non-food markets. We offer decoration with direct print, in mould labelling and “k3” printed cardboard wrap. We are a founding member of the UK Plastic Pact and are committed to building a circular economy for our plastic packaging products. The Dungannon site is proud of its position as the second most energy efficient plant in the European Greiner group and the company has received assistance over recent years from both Invest Northern Ireland and the Carbon Trust.
Greiner Packaging employs a team of just under 290 permanent colleagues in Dungannon. 85% of its customers are in GB with a further 10% in the Republic of Ireland. Since Greiner acquired the original Wilsanco Plastics business in 2006, the site has seen a 300% increase in sales, 20% employment growth and over £24 million in investment with further investment planned for 2021.
From a people perspective the business gained the prestigious Gold Investors in People Award in August 2019 demonstrating its commitment to investing in its people and most recently gained the Bronze Diversity Mark Award in August 2020. The site is also SMETA approved.
Working collaboratively across all site functions the Health & Safety Lead is responsible for developing and implementing effective workplace health & safety plans and procedures to ensure the site is fully compliant with legislative requirements and the company’s health & safety policies.
They will promote a zero-harm culture through proactively managing health & safety issues to ensure discharge of statutory and operational obligations whilst ensuring the highest possible safety for employees. They will provide values-based leadership and build health & safety capability within the site teams.
- Relevant professional qualification (NEBOSH/IOSH)
- Thorough knowledge of health & safety legislation and approved codes of practice
- Educated to degree level
- 2 Years Health & Safety management experience with proven achievements, preferably in FMCG environment or other relevant manufacturing environment
- Excellence communication skills with the ability to engage and motivate people at all levels
- Logical thinker, with a systematic and consistent approach, with the courage of their convictions in order to challenge appropriately and where necessary
- Experience of OHSAS 18001 will be a distinct advantage
- Experience of working in, or implementing a robust Zero Harm management strategy