Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Permanent, Part-Time positions offering 15-30 hours per week
- Work as part of a friendly team in a supportive and caring environment
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
As a Housekeeping Assistant your focus will be to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene is kept in residents rooms and communal areas including upkeep of laundry.
Duties will include:
- Maintain residents’ rooms and communal areas including bathrooms and toilets
- Ensure continuous supply of cleaning equipment and advise when something needs to be replaced
- Assist with mealtimes including serving meals to residents when needed
- Adhere to Health & Safety policy and procedure following correct reporting procedures when something does not meet safe standards
- Collect and redistribute laundry to ensure residents always have clean linen and clothing
- Assist with ironing and folding
- Conduct checks to ensure all items of laundry are fully cleaned
- Hygiene, catering or cooking qualification is desirable but not essential
Skills & experience
- Experience working in a similar environment in a cleaning capacity is highly desirable
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, patience, and empathy
- Ability to form appropriate supportive relationships with residents
- Ability to use initiative to resolve issues and follow correct reporting procedures
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Paid Uniforms and Mileage
- 21 days holiday leave plus public holidays
Belfast Central Mission are an award winning, not-for-profit organisation, providing services including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services across Northern Ireland. Copelands is Belfast Central Mission’s flagship project, providing market leading care for Northern Ireland.
If you meet the above criteria and are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.